FENLANDER: Roadshow offers tips on how to earn while you learn
ARE you over 19 and looking for ways to earn while you learn? If so, pop along to the Adult Learners’ Roadshow that will be touring the district all next week (May 14-18).
Experts from the College of West Anglia and the National Careers Service will be on hand to give informal advice about the many different courses people can take to develop their skills while they continue to work and get paid.
The roadshow, which is being supported by Fenland District Council, will be paying two visits to each of the Fenland @ your service shops. It will also spend an afternoon at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech.
Details of the hundreds of different qualifications you could gain while remaining in work will be available. There will be a particular focus on adult apprenticeships, which research has shown to benefit employers as well as employees.
There are about 200 different types of apprenticeship courses offered across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
Councillor Chris Seaton, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for skills development, said: “Many people still think that apprenticeships are just for young people. However, there is no upper age limit and existing employees can take one.
“A higher level apprenticeship will give you a qualification to the same level as a foundation degree and will greatly improve your career prospects.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier