FENLANDER: Time running out for service veterans to contact council to receive badge
PEOPLE of all ages who have served in the armed forces have just two weeks left to contact Fenland District Council if they want to be presented with their Veterans Badge at the formal ceremony that the council is staging on Friday June 29.
The event will include a thanksgiving service at St Peter’s church in March, followed by lunch in the church hall. It is open to people, young and old, who have served in the Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Merchant Navy.
Anyone wishing to take part must register their names with FDC by Tuesday May 1 at the latest. This is to ensure that the correct number of badges can be ordered from the Veterans Agency in time for them to be handed over on the day.
They should call Sharon Smith at FDC on 01354 622281 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
When calling, they should have to hand the following details:
You may also want to watch:
l National Insurance number
l Full name and postal address
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
l Date of birth
l British Service Number
l Forces service, unit, regiment or squadron in which they served
l Period of service – the dates served.
Calls should be made Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.
It is the third time that FDC has staged the Veterans Day event. This year it is being hosted by Councillor Michael Humphrey, FDC’s chairman, and the badges will be presented by Richard Barnwell, Deputy Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire.
It is being held a day before the nation’s official Armed Forces Day on June 30. A special flag will also be flown outside Fenland Hall for a week, from June 25-30.