FENLANDER: Time to book your place at Fendis’ annual golf and fun day
PEOPLE with any kind of disability are invited to the annual Golf and Fun Day being held by Fenland Disability Sports Forum (Fendis) on Friday July 8 at the Priory Golf Club in Wimblington.
It costs just �5 to take part and that includes a burger/hotdog, a drink, a round of golf and many other free activities. These include cricket and football, arts and crafts, archery, chair-based exercises and giant games.
Fendis is also looking for volunteers to help on the day. They all get a free food voucher.
It is the 11th year the event has been held.
Sue James, Fendis chairman, said: “Many volunteers have returned year after year and look forward to the day just as much as the participants. This year it would be great to get some new faces involved.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year 150 people took part and we hope to make this year’s day the biggest and best yet.”
Participants must book their places in advance.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 9 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
• For more information or to request a booking form, call Sam Darlow of Fenland District Council’s sports development team on 01354 622389 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed booking forms and payments must be received by Friday May 27. Volunteers need to complete a Sports Pal form, also available from Sam.