FENLANDER: Time to sign up for Fendis’ annual golf and fun day
PEOPLE with any kind of disability are invited to the annual Golf and Fun Day being held by Fenland’s Disability Sports Forum (Fendis) on Friday July 8 at Priory Golf Club in Wimblington.
It costs just �5 to take part: that provides a burger/hot dog, a drink, a round of golf and many other free activities, including cricket and football, arts and crafts, archery, chair-based exercises and giant games.
Fendis is also looking for volunteers to help on the day. They all get a free food voucher.
It is the 11th year the event has been held. Sue James, Fendis’ chairman, said: “Many volunteers have returned year after year and look forward to the day just as much as the participants. This year it would be great to get some new faces involved.
“Last year 150 people took part and we hope to make this year’s day the biggest and best yet.”
You may also want to watch:
Participants must book their places in advance.
• For more information or to request a booking form, call Sam Darlow of Fenland District Council’s sports development team on 01354 622389 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
Completed booking forms and payments must be received by Friday, May 27. Volunteers need to complete a Sports Pal form, also available from Sam.