FENLANDER: Useful tips to save on energy bills at event in Parson Drove
ANYONE wanting to cut their heating and electricity bills will be able to pick up some useful tips at a special event taking place in Parson Drove in a fortnight’s time.
Parson Drove is Fenland’s first Green Community and local residents have joined with Fenland District Council to organise the “Renewable Energy Event” at the village hall on November 5 from 10am-1pm.
Various experts will be on hand to advise people on how to become more efficient in their use of energy and how to capitalise on different forms of renewable energy.
Solar power is one “green” option and people don’t necessarily have to buy solar panels to benefit from it. They can rent out their roofs to a provider.
Advice on that will be available on the day, as well as details on grants that are on offer for external wall insulation and heating from a renewable source such as a heat pump.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will also be able to ask any questions about planning issues and there will be special activities for children.
Councillor Peter Murphy, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for the environment, said: “Rising fuel prices and the squeeze on many people’s incomes mean that it’s more important than ever to find ways of cutting those energy bills – and it’s vital for the environment, too.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
“There’ll be something for everyone on the day – and even a chance to win �150 in our energy-saving competition.”