FENLANDER: You, too, could be an Ashes hero - as March Cricket Club organises winter courses for keen young players
HOT on the heels of England’s Ashes triumph in Australia, March Town Cricket Club is organising a number of winter coaching courses for keen young players, starting next month.
Qualified coaches will be running a series of sessions for different groups in the indoor nets at Neale-Wade Community College in March and all the equipment will be provided by the club.
The courses are open to boys and girls. They start on Sunday February 6, with five more taking place on February 13, March 13, 20 and 27, and April 3.
The times of the sessions are noon-1pm (boys under-11), 1-2pm (boys 11-15) and 2-3pm (girls). They cost �12 per person for all six sessions.
Les Mills, the club’s chairman, urged people to sign up for the courses. Mr Mills, who is returning this weekend from Australia, where he saw England’s victories in Melbourne and Sydney, said: “Now is a great time for English cricket and to build on our current success we need to get more young people playing. So come along to these sessions and who knows - you could become an Ashes hero, too.”
You may also want to watch:
Application forms are available from the club (call 01354 652029 or Les Mills on 01354 656698) or online at www.marchtowncricket.com
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met