FENLANDER: You, too, could be an Ashes hero - as March Cricket Club organises winter courses for keen young players
HOT on the heels of England’s Ashes triumph in Australia, March Town Cricket Club is organising a number of winter coaching courses for keen young players, starting next month.
Qualified coaches will be running a series of sessions for different groups in the indoor nets at Neale-Wade Community College in March and all the equipment will be provided by the club.
The courses are open to boys and girls. They start on Sunday February 6, with five more taking place on February 13, March 13, 20 and 27, and April 3.
The times of the sessions are noon-1pm (boys under-11), 1-2pm (boys 11-15) and 2-3pm (girls). They cost �12 per person for all six sessions.
Les Mills, the club’s chairman, urged people to sign up for the courses. Mr Mills, who is returning this weekend from Australia, where he saw England’s victories in Melbourne and Sydney, said: “Now is a great time for English cricket and to build on our current success we need to get more young people playing. So come along to these sessions and who knows - you could become an Ashes hero, too.”
You may also want to watch:
Application forms are available from the club (call 01354 652029 or Les Mills on 01354 656698) or online at www.marchtowncricket.com
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors