FENLANDER: Youth Council still has �3,000 to give away - but time is running out to apply
THE Youth District Council (YDC) still has �3,000 in its kitty to give away to youth groups or organisations working with young people. But people need to hurry to apply for it.
Each year the YDC has �10,000 to hand out. It is allocated on a first come, first served basis, so when it’s gone, it’s gone.
The YDC has just one meeting left before the end of March to decide where this year’s remaining money should go.
Groups can apply for between �100 and �1,000 for anything from particular projects or new equipment to educational trips.
Among the grants that have been awarded this year are �575 to support activities for young people at the Chatteris Historic Festival and �350 to the Girls Venture Corps Air Cadets to help them complete their annual challenge awards and put on a meal for 60 people.
You may also want to watch:
March and District Junior Model Railway Club got �500 for new parts and materials to build a new, more detailed track and help members learn how to design and build other layouts.
Varying amounts were also awarded to several youth clubs for new equipment.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Councillor Steve Garratt, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for the YDC, said: “The great thing about these particular grants is that all the decisions about how to spend the money are made by young people for young people. They know better than anyone what their age group wants and needs.
“So If you need some help with a particular project, apply straightaway – it would be a shame to miss out on money that is still available.”
• To apply, call Ross McGivern at FDC on 01354 654321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.fenland.gov.uk/article/3426/How-to-apply