FENLANDER: Youth District Council approves more grants for community groups
FENLAND Youth District Council (YDC) has approved another series of grants to local groups from its �10,000 funding programme this year.
Groups benefiting include:
• March Amateur Boxing Club to help purchase new equipment and to help fund a gala night to showcase local talent.
• Wisbech-based Families Having Fun group to help buy various items of equipment and for day trips for the group.
• March, Chatteris and Rural Youth Board to help fund the anti-bullying awareness sessions to be held in Neale-Wade Community College, Cromwell Community College and Manea Youth Club.
You may also want to watch:
• Young People March for an educational trip to Whipsnade Zoo.
• Wisbech Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Group to run a pilot project to offer support to teenagers aged 15-19 who have issues surrounding their sexuality.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
The latest grants total �4,250. The YDC still has a limited amount of money left to distribute this year, so any groups needing funds should get their applications in as soon as possible.
For details on how to apply, go to www.fenland.gov.uk/article/3184/Youth-District-Council-Grants or contact Ross McGivern on 01354 654321 (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)