Fenmarc digs deep to help Fenland homeless charity
- Credit: Archant
A vegetable producer has given a timely boost to a Fenland homeless charity.
Fenmarc Produce Ltd raised £172.60 through a series of Christmas activities at its Elm site for the Luminus Ferry Project, which provides an emergency night shelter in Wisbech for homeless people.
With central Government funding coming to an end in March, the night shelter is facing closure unless it can raise £60,000 by the beginning of April.
The night shelter was created by a working party involving the local MP Steve Barclay, Fenland District Council, Wisbech Town Council, police, voluntary groups and local churches.
For more information on how you can help provide support, contact Ferry Project Night Shelter, 17 Norfolk Street, Wisbech, Cambs PE13 2LD, call 01945 429300 or e-mail email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
You can make a donation directly to Ferry Project at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/finalCharityHomepage.action?charityId=1008239.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept