Fenmarc donate a Christmas hamper of Fenland vegetables to Burrowmoor School
PUPILS from the Burrowmoor School at March tucked into some fresh Fenland vegetables with their Christmas lunch yesterday, thanks to the generosity of Fenmarc Produce Ltd.
The company donated potatoes, carrots and parsnips that went down a storm with the 275 youngsters who enjoyed a festive lunch menu that also included turkey, sausages and bacon, and Christmas ice cream.
School catering manager Charlotte Butcher said: “We are very grateful to Fenmarc, as it enabled our pupils to have local vegetable with their lunch. Our pupils really love to eat lots of vegetables, and they all enjoyed the special lunch.
“It was really lovely event, with the excited children pulling their crackers, and wearing party hats.”
The vegetables were presented to the school by Fenmarc’s HR business partner Sue Watson and graduate management trainee Hamish Critchell-Ward.
You may also want to watch:
Sue said: “We were delighted to donate the hamper of vegetables, the potatoes came from our March site, and the carrots and parsnips from our Swinderby site. We were very pleased to support a local school at this special time of year.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off