Fenmarc pays tribute to loyal workers and remembers late colleague at awards lunch
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland vegetable producer rewarded its workers for their devotion to the company at an awards lunch.
Fenmarc held their annual Loyalty Awards at Oundle Mill to congratulate those that have reached service milestones from its sites in Westry, Elm and Swinderby.
This year’s celebrations also included businesses Local Generation, Lifecrown investments and Agrimarc, which fall under the same umbrella group, Lifecrown.
Guests were treated to a money gift, three course meal and a luxury hamper.
The lunch was a chance for guests to remember a colleague from the Westry site, Pete Camplin, who achieved 15 years service but lost a short battle against cancer last year.
You may also want to watch:
Kristi Glowacki, human resources co-ordinator and event organiser, said: “Everyone had a great time and the atmosphere was relaxed and fun.
“Each year I’m always so impressed with the loyalty, hard work and dedication over the years from the colleagues.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
“It is amazing that this year the combined total of service milestones is 500 years.
“ What an achievement. It is important these colleagues know that they make the difference – without them our business wouldn’t be what it is.”
Achievers: 10 years service – Richard Anderson, Joanne Barnes, Igors Snicarevs, Paul Woodcock, Duncan Price, Christopher Tilley, Philip Needham, Ross Macfarlane, Angie Claxton, Christine Cobb, Ventislav Todorov, Robert Masters, Hemin Salmin, John Shaw, Kevin Guy (all Fenmarc), Nigel Allam (Agrimarc), Neil Hunter (Local Generation), Nick Waterman (Lifecrown).
15 years service – Jackie Mackenzie, Andrew Gosling, Linda Davey, Dave Burrell, Dave Gill, Rose Copeman, Malcolm Thorpe (all Fenmarc), Tim Brammer (Agrimarc), Maggie Bishop (Lifecrown).
20 years service – Richard Cheverton (Fenmarc), Rufus Harper (Lifecrown).
30 years service – Jean Pearson (Fenmarc), Gail Paul (Lifecrown),
35 years service – Tracey Oldfield (Fenmarc), John Cook (Agrimarc).