Fenmarc Produce handed top recycling award for second year running
A FENLAND company has been rewarded for its environmentally-friendly approach after recycling almost 20 thousand tonnes of waste in the last year.
Vegetable growing and packing business Fenmarc Produce were awarded a ‘Gold Star’ by the National Recycling Stars Scheme.
The company had managed to recycle 99 per cent of all the products used - composting wood chippings and recycling wash water.
It is the second year that Fenmarc has been recognised for its recycling efforts.
The company’s environmental strategy is on track with building work underway on an Anaerobic Digestion plant at the March site.
The plant will take up to 30,000 tonnes of packaged and unpackaged food waste per annum, diverting it from landfill and providing further recycling possibilities for local businesses in the area.
The company is currently working towards Environmental Management System ISO 14001 accreditation.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'