Fenmarc Produce handed top recycling award for second year running
A FENLAND company has been rewarded for its environmentally-friendly approach after recycling almost 20 thousand tonnes of waste in the last year.
Vegetable growing and packing business Fenmarc Produce were awarded a ‘Gold Star’ by the National Recycling Stars Scheme.
The company had managed to recycle 99 per cent of all the products used - composting wood chippings and recycling wash water.
It is the second year that Fenmarc has been recognised for its recycling efforts.
The company’s environmental strategy is on track with building work underway on an Anaerobic Digestion plant at the March site.
You may also want to watch:
The plant will take up to 30,000 tonnes of packaged and unpackaged food waste per annum, diverting it from landfill and providing further recycling possibilities for local businesses in the area.
The company is currently working towards Environmental Management System ISO 14001 accreditation.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home