March holiday firm raises hundreds for Macmillan cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A March based travel firm has raised hundreds of pounds for a cancer charity.
Fenn Holidays raised more than £1,124 for MacMillan taking its total raised over four years up to £4,909.
For the fourth year running the award winning coach tour operator says it has raised a staggering amount for their chosen charity, MacMillan.
A spokesman for Fenn Holidays said: “This year’s donation was raised throughout the course of their annual re-union weekend, which was based in Bournemouth during January 2018.
“Each year the company gives its clients the opportunity to book on the hugely popular weekend which is always based at a different location.
You may also want to watch:
“The charity donation is reached thanks to a raffle, staff gratuities and a generous sum added by Peter and Margaret Fenn.”
The national cancer charity began in 1911, when a young Douglas Macmillan watched his father die of cancer.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
He founded the Society for the Prevention and Relief of Cancer to give information, homes for patients at low or no cost, and voluntary nurses to support people at home.
In 2015, the charity marked 40 years since the first Macmillan nurse was appointed.