Fens continues to be home to the biggest grass racing club in the country
- Credit: Archant
The largest grass racing club in the country continues to be given a boost thanks to a local company.
The Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club provides exciting activities for families and young people and is one of just three grass kart racing clubs left in the United Kingdom.
Last year CUB UK sponsored three heats for the British Championships and this year they will be sponsoring the trophies for the British Championships which being held on the club field in Manea on Sunday July 5.
Jaqui Fairfax, CUB chairman, said: “For an exciting day with thrills, chills and muddy spills go along to the WDKRC British Championships.
“The WDKRC have been going for years and it is the community that keeps this alive, so with more support it could grow and be a bigger part of our local lives, so get involved today and make a difference.”
You may also want to watch:
The first grass race meeting of the season is at WDKRC on April 26.
If you are interested in joining the club this is usually a very well attended meeting where you can meet other members and ask any questions you may have.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
For more information visit the WDKRC website.