The amazing weight loss journey of Daniel Hammersley, 17, whose lost FIVE STONE, NINE LBS
- Credit: Archant
A 17 year-old who lost an extraordinary 5st 9lbs will represent his slimming group in a national final.
Daniel Hammersley’s fellow slimmers voted for him to represent the Eastrea’s Slimming World group in the Young Slimmer of the Year 2018 competition.
Daniel joined Slimming World in April 2016, and says it has “helped me change my life for the better; it has transformed my life”
He said: “I now have the confidence to talk in front of a crowd. I now have the energy to exercise more and I frequently enjoy riding my bike.
“The Slimming World plan allowed me to still go out and meet with friends, whilst staying on plan.
You may also want to watch:
“The wide variety of recipes meant that I could have many foods I didn’t think I would have been able to eat, with the unlimited free foods there is no need to ever go hungry”
Spurred on by his son’s success dad Bill joined the group as a member himself and has gone on to lose nearly four and a half stone.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
Bill said: “I am very proud of Daniel. It’s such a great achievement for a teenager. He is also helping me on my journey. When we joined Daniel was 14 and I was 66. Age is no barrier. Thank you Anna and Slimming World”
Anna, who runs the Eastrea centre Slimming World group, says: “Daniel is a huge inspiration, and a massive part of our group.
“He learned healthy habits that will stay with him for life, so worrying about his weight is definitely a thing of the past.
“It’s been wonderful watching him shrink while his confidence has ballooned. There have been so many stories in the news about child obesity recently and we know that young people desperately need help and support to make changes – both for their lives now and for their futures.
“I hope Daniel and his passion for healthy eating and Free Food will inspire people of all ages to get involved with Free Food February and make a change of their own.
Eastrea centre Slimming World group is held twice weekly: call Anna on 07539229365.