Youth radio station for Fenland appoints 21-year-old as manager
- Credit: Archant
A new radio station in the Fens which launched this month has revealed its new manager.
David Carr was appointed as station manager of Fenland Youth Radio, as it aims to continue developing since hitting the airwaves.
Carr, 21, is also involved with the Young Technicians group, which develops young people to reach their potential in entertainment.
Pino Soccio, director of Fenland Youth Radio, said: “David has shown outstanding commitment whilst with the Young Technicians. This is a great stepping stone in his personal development and he will be an enormous asset as the station develops.”
Fenland Youth Radio first hit the airwaves on September 1 at their Peel House studio in Whittlesey following a successful trial run.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of Whittlesey, Councillor David Mason alongside The Voice Kids UK star George Elliott, from Peterborough, officially launched the station as it aims to serve both Whittlesey and the wider community.
For more information on Fenland Youth Radio, visit: www.fenlandyouthradio.com.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash