Youth radio station for Fenland appoints 21-year-old as manager
- Credit: Archant
A new radio station in the Fens which launched this month has revealed its new manager.
David Carr was appointed as station manager of Fenland Youth Radio, as it aims to continue developing since hitting the airwaves.
Carr, 21, is also involved with the Young Technicians group, which develops young people to reach their potential in entertainment.
Pino Soccio, director of Fenland Youth Radio, said: “David has shown outstanding commitment whilst with the Young Technicians. This is a great stepping stone in his personal development and he will be an enormous asset as the station develops.”
Fenland Youth Radio first hit the airwaves on September 1 at their Peel House studio in Whittlesey following a successful trial run.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of Whittlesey, Councillor David Mason alongside The Voice Kids UK star George Elliott, from Peterborough, officially launched the station as it aims to serve both Whittlesey and the wider community.
For more information on Fenland Youth Radio, visit: www.fenlandyouthradio.com.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 Body found in Wisbech road
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens