Ferry Project shelter alternative
I read in your paper on March 14 of the tough times the Ferry Project night shelter is having and that it costs £40 per person per night to shelter and feed the homeless.
I could save them at least £15 per night and the answer was on page 11 of that very same paper.
The Crossroads Hotel, Elm High Road, Wisbech, offers rooms from £20 per person bed and breakfast and offers a daily carvery for £5. Rooms are en-suite and have a flat screen tv.
The reception staff could point out the locations of NHS help, welfare state, social services, etc...
By my calculations that this £15 saving a person, which would have created a saving of £43,560 last year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages