Festival’s future in some doubt
CHATTERIS Festival is going ahead - for this year at least. Organisers have decided it is too late to pull out of next month s event but a question mark hangs over its future. After a crunch meeting of the Festival Committee, vice-chairman Jan Fieldhouse
CHATTERIS Festival is going ahead - for this year at least. Organisers have decided it is too late to pull out of next month's event but a question mark hangs over its future.
After a crunch meeting of the Festival Committee, vice-chairman Jan Fieldhouse said: "After lots of discussion we decided because it was quite short notice and people had started making preparations we would go ahead this year but we will be reassessing the situation at the AGM in July."
March Air Training Corps, which is already taking part in the parade, has stepped in with an offer of help on the Friday evening and during Saturday.
Mrs Fieldhouse said: "We are a little apprehensive and hope that those who have offered to help do keep their word. We are praying for good weather and hope it will all work out.
You may also want to watch:
It seems as if we are going to have to take it one year at a time.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour