Festive family extravaganza in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Join an annual Christmas extravaganza in the heart of Whittlesey with fun fair rides, face painting, steam engine and festive games.
Whittlesey Mayor, Alex Miscandlon, will open the event at 5pm on Friday December 11.
All the action is centred on the market square and will showcase a feast of family fun including a Punch and Judy show and children’s fairground rides.
Whittlesey Christian Church will be offering face painting, there will be a steam engine and Thursford organ as well as plans for children to climb aboard the town’s fire engine.
Many local charities will be offering Christmas games and goods to raise much needed funds while helping with some festive late night shopping.
You may also want to watch:
Father Christmas is coming along with thanks to Whittlesey Round Table in a grotto, specially created by Whittlesey Tangent and Ladies Circle.
There will also be New Road Molly, 20Twenty Productions choir and Cambridgeshire Caledonian Pipe Band.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The family-centred evening will draw to a close to the sound of the Citadel Salvation Army band playing carols.
Helping with the singing will be the voices of St Mary’s Choir and the Whittlesey Singers.
Whittlesey Lions have organised a window competition for the children at local primary schools and nurseries and the winner will be announced at the end of the evening.