March Lunch & Film Club ‘much improved’ after donation for new town hall projector
- Credit: Supplied
A Fen lunch and film club has been “much improved” thanks to donations from local charities and organisations.
The monthly March Lunch & Film Club held in the Skoulding Suite at the town hall is run by Fenland Arts in conjunction with Paninis Coffee Shop and 20Twenty Productions.
A spokesman said the club is now "thriving" after the purchase of a new projector to "improve the viewing experience" for the more than 40 regular members.
Generous donations came in from the March Town Council, the March Mayor's Charity, the March Lions and the March Rotary Club.
The spokesman said: "The March Lunch & Film Club now thrives. Thanks to donations, the film viewing experience has been much improved with purchase of a new projector.
You may also want to watch:
"More than 40 over 50s watched Red Joan last week. More information and lunch tickets are available from Paninis Coffee Shop on the marketplace.
"The new projector is also for use by all groups making use of the facilities in the Skoulding Suite in the town hall."
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital