Film making and photography are among free workshops for young people in March
- Credit: Archant
Young people are being given the chance to enjoy free media workshops in photography, social media, film making, press release writing and radio presenting.
All workshops, for 11 to 16 year olds, will be delivered by experienced professionals from each area of the industry.
The young people will also be given opportunities to gain practical experience with their new found skills by supporting youth based community organisations.
This may be in the form of gathering photographs, making a short film or supporting social media activities that help support the organisation.
This leads to the possibility of the young person being nominated in one of the categories for the 2017 Fenland Youth Awards.
You may also want to watch:
The workshops for filmmaking, photography and social media have now been scheduled and are as follows:
• Film – including storyboarding, script-writing, editing and general camera craft. March Town Hall on Saturday 15 and October 22 and November 5 from 10:30am to 1pm.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
• Photography - creative compositions and photoshop. Develop a deeper understanding of how a camera works on full manual, how to improve your compositions and how your digital camera and Photoshop work together. March Town Hall on Wednesday September 28 and October 5 and 12 from 5pm to 7.30pm.
• Social media – Create targeted social media campaigns, define campaign goals, which type of content to produce and how to manage the process. March Town Hall on October 25 and 27 from 5pm to 7.30pm.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
Cambridgeshire County Council is funding the project.