Filmed in Cambridgeshire, Hollywood blockbuster starring Matt Damon, Cate Blanchett and George Clooney set to open
- Credit: Archant
A Hollywood film starring George Clooney which was partly shot in Cambridgeshire opens on Valentine’s Day.
The Monuments Men, which also stars Matt Damon, Cate Blanchett, John Goodman, Jean Dujardin and Hugh Bonneville, opens to UK audiences on Friday 14 February.
Filming at IWM Duxford, which lasted nine days, involved the leading actors and more than 300 extras.
Scenes were shot across the museum, including the North side of the site, which is not open to the public, but houses IWM’s collections within historic buildings that made up the domestic side of the RAF fighter station.
Second World War aircraft and vehicles were brought to the museum to act as props and set dressing for the scenes.
You may also want to watch:
IWM Duxford’s historic buildings, control tower and airfield significantly featured in the filming.
Based on a true story, The Monuments Men is an action drama focusing on an unlikely World War II platoon tasked with going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
The Monuments Men opens in the UK on Friday 14 February.
You can view the film trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czYqP1jbPTk