Find out more about what happens to your waste at Recycling Open Day
THERE’S a chance to find out more about recycling and enjoy a host of family activities when Amey Cespa stages its annual open day at its Waterbeach site next month.
Visitors can take a tour of the site, make a variety of models, undergo a fashion makeover, and take a ride in some of the company vehicles during the event on Saturday September 22.
Residents can also visit the Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) plant and materials recycling facility, which is currently under construction, and see the scale of the waste challenge at the landfill site.
Artists from Oblique Arts will be running a pop-up second-hand fashion installation as part of the Wear It Love It Share It campaign run by the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Waste Partnership and AmeyCespa.
Visitors can have an on the spot fashion make-over and the opportunity to pose on a catwalk. They will also receive expert advice on how to dress well for less whilst reducing their impact on the environment, by up-cycling and re-using clothes and buying second-hand.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Shelton, Waste Education Manager for AmeyCespa, said: “The Recycling Open Day is a great chance for residents to find out more about what happens on our site, as well as learn how they can recycle or re-use even more of their waste.
“The day is always great fun for all the family so I would urge people to come along and find out more about what happens to their waste, especially if they have never been to the site before.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 10 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
The open day is a joint venture between AmeyCespa and Cambridgeshire County Council. Entry is completely free and the event is open from 10am to 4pm. For more information please visit www.ameycespa.com/east or call (01223) 861010.