Find your best Christmas jumper, Santa’s coming to March town!
- Credit: Archant
Santa will be making his way through town next weekend when the March Santa Run returns.
Promising to be a great day for all the family, this year’s Santa Run will coincide with the Christmas market and, for the first time, it will be led by Georges’ landlord Nigel Marsh.
With local runners from March Athletic and national support from ‘Run Britain’, the run has already inspired great interest among charities and fundraisers.
Another difference this year is that the gates will be open to allow members of the public to take part in fundraising for a specific charity.
Georges will provide the Santa outfits, help with setting up a ‘Just Giving’ sponsorship page or printed sponsorship forms.
You may also want to watch:
The only organisation needed for the event is sorted for you - all you have to do is get friends and colleagues to sponsor you for taking part and use the event to raise awareness of your charity or good cause.
Several charities have already signed up to take part, including East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, which is being represented by local musician Tommy Kelly and the mayor of March Rob Skoulding.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
Estover under 15’s will be running the course dressed as Elves to raise funds for ‘Whizz-Kidz’, a charity which works hard to provide wheelchair mobility for children; providing wheelchair skills training, residential camps and work placements.
The March Christmas Market Committee has been working hard on making this year’s Christmas Market even bigger than ever and over 45 local businesses are backing the event.
There will be free children’s rides and a Santa’s Grotto with over 1,000 gifts for local children, as well as live music and an open mic night at Georges.