Finding fossil fun at a children’s nursery in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Children took a step back in time when a dinosaur and fossil week was held at Caterpillar Childcare in Chatteris.
A sponsored dinosaur fun run was held to fund a visit from Fossils Galore of March.
The children moved around a dinosaur shaped obstacle track in fancy dress and each child was rewarded with a medal for their effort.
The children raised £221 and throughout the week they took part in a host of dinosaur themed activities including mini archeological digs, dinosaur iced egg excavation, dinosaur identifying games and other associated educational activities supporting the early years foundation stage.
During the visit from Fossils Galore children were able to handle and learn about fossils and how they are formed, geode breaking, and even hold some prehistoric dinosaur poo.
You may also want to watch:
They also took home some fossils they had excavated from sand.
With the extra funds raised the children will be choosing new toys for the setting and some new art and craft materials.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens