Finesse Personal Training makes large donation to March Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
A personal training company donated more than 100kg of food to March Foodbank yesterday.
Thirty bags of food were handed over by Finesse Personal Training at the Powerhouse Church, March Foodbank’s distribution centre.
Prue Day, of Finesse Personal Training, said: “We wanted to do something for charity so we have been holding collections at our classes.
“It is great to do something for such a worthy cause.”
Barbara Taylor, from the foodbank committee, said: “It was great to receive the food donation from Finesse Personal Training. “Over 100kg of food was given on this occasion, with the promise of more in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
The foodbank was opened by Churches Together last November and is manned by 25 volunteers.
Mrs Taylor said: “March Foodbank relies on donations from local organisations, churches, schools and individuals who give so generously at Sainsbury’s, Tesco (Hostmoor) and Iceland.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
“We have been very busy over Easter and food stocks are running low, so we’d like to encourage local people to dig deep for those who are currently in crisis.
“One client who we were able to help recently was so moved by people’s generosity that she burst into tears when she received her food parcel.
“We are still on the look out for volunteers, especially those available to help in the food store on Tuesdays 12.30-2.30pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or come and see us at Powerhouse (behind Iceland) on Tuesdays, before the foodbank opens for clients at 1pm.