Main stretch of A141 between March and Chatteris partially blocked following fire involving fencing and trees at Fen home
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A Fenland fire involving fencing and trees caused minor delays this morning after crews partially blocked the A141 Isle of Ely Way.
Reports came in at around 11.50am this morning (April 24) of a fire in the open in Wimblington – backing on to the main stretch of Cambridgeshire road.
One fire engine parked on the side of the road between March and Chatteris, forcing on-coming cars to wait before overtaking.
An eye-witness, who originally thought the incident was a car collision, said: “Cars heading towards March had to wait to go around the firefighters.”
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service confirmed that two units, one from March and another from Chatteris, were called to the scene on Meadow Way South.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “At 11.53am crews were called to a fire, involving fencing and trees, in Wimblington.
“We extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to our stations by 1.30pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle