Around 50 tonnes of cardboard on fire at Amazon distribution centre
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Firefighters are currently tackling a large blaze at the Amazon distribution centre in Cambs where around 50 tonnes of cardboard are on fire.
Crews from all over the region were called at around midday to the outdoor fire at the centre in Flaxley Road, Peterborough.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We received a call at 12.25 to a report of a fire in Flaxley Road.
“Four crews and a water carrier there are in attendance. A number of bales of cardboard are alight outdoors (approx. 50 tonnes) next to a building.
“Crews are still on scene tackling the fire.”
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 10 Man found dead in March