Fire chiefs issue reminder about danger of kitchen fires after Fenland blaze
FIRE chiefs issued a reminder about the danger of kitchen fires after a blaze in Fenland on Saturday.
One crew from Wisbech and one crew from Outwell were called to a cooker fire in a home in Lynn Road in Wisbech at 2.10pm. Firefighters arrived and entered the home wearing breathing apparatus before extinguishing a fire in the grill pan using one fire extinguisher.
A fire service spokesman said: “The cause of the fire was cooking which had been left unattended.
“The majority of house fires start in the kitchen, and it is all too easy for a fire to start if you leave cooking unattended even for a moment.
“A grill pan fire is also more likely if you do not clean the grill regularly, as built up grease can start a fire.
You may also want to watch:
“For more information about kitchen fire safety please visit www.cambsfire.gov.uk”
Crews returned to their station by 3pm.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed