Fire chiefs urge Fenland residents to keep chimneys swept after Benwick blaze

PUBLISHED: 09:54 21 December 2010




FENLAND residents are being urged to keep their chimneys swept after firefighters extinguished a blaze at a Benwick home last night.

A crew from Ramsey and the turntable ladder from Dogsthorpe were called to a chimney fire at a home in the High Street at 8:40pm.

Firefighters used the turntable ladder to tackle the blaze, which had ignited between the flue and the wall.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please make sure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.

“For further information and advice contact your local fire station or log on to”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Cambs Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists