Fire chiefs warn against smoking inside after Wisbech house blaze
FIRE chiefs issued a warning about the dangers of smoking inside after a house fire in Wisbech yesterday.
Two fire crews were called to a house in De Havilland Road to extinguish the blaze.
The accidental fire is thought to have been caused by carelessly discarded cigarettes.
A fire service spokesperson said: “The best way to reduce the risk of a house fire is to smoke outside.
“However, if you must smoke inside, always use a stable ashtray that can’t easily be knocked over and ensure you extinguish each cigarette fully.
You may also want to watch:
“If you smoke inside it is also vital that you have a working smoke alarm, so that if there is a fire, you are alerted to it quickly, allowing you and your family time to escape.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder