Fire crews are awash with car cleaning customers at Chatteris and Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Fenland firefighters raised more than £800 after soaping up their sponges for The Fire Fighters Charity national car wash.
Crews from Whittlesey and Chatteris welcomed dozens of local residents through the doors to have their vehicles washed.
Firefighter Andrew Stracey from Chatteris said: “We had a fantastic day that was really well supported by the generous people of Chatteris.
“We had a steady flow of vehicles all day. Even though we had to dash off to a kitchen fire in March, we were soon back and by the end of the day raised a fantastic £474.45.”
Whittlesey firefighters also put their buckets and sponges to good use with around 60 cars that passed through the station.
You may also want to watch:
They raised £400.
Further events will take place on Saturday September 20 in Wisbech.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash