Fire crews attend bungalow blaze caused by incense sticks and burning toilet roll

Bungalow fire in March

Bungalow fire in March - Credit: Archant

A fire caused by incense sticks that had fallen and set fire to a toilet roll led to a bungalow blaze in March yesterday.

Two crews arrived to find the bathroom of a bungalow on Clysedale Close filled with smoke at 4.34pm.

Firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, extinguished it using a hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

Crews returned to their stations by 5.40pm.

Station Commander Jamie Johnson said: “We would urge residents to take extra care when using any kind of flammable material and to ensure they don’t leave them burning for too long.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter