Fire crews prove to be more than a one trick pony as they get stuck into latest animal rescue
- Credit: Archant
FIRE crews turned out last night for the latest animal rescue after a pony got stuck in a river.
Crews from March and Huntingdon – and a rescue vehicle from Huntingdon- took up the challenge of rescuing the pony from the river close to the A605 at the junction with the A141 at Rings End.
A Cambs fire service spokesman said: “Firefighters arrived and along with the owner, managed to coax the pony to the riverbank.
“They then rescued the pony using strops to pull it to safety.”
Crews were called out at 8.40pm and were able to leave the scene by 9.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
In recent weeks Cambs fire has rescued a cow, a horse, a cat and ducklings.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover