Fire crews rescue dog from house fire on Eastalls Close, Doddington
- Credit: Archant
A dog was rescued from a house in Doddington after a fire broke out yesterday morning.
Crews from March and Chatteris were called to the house on Eastalls Close at about 10.15am yesterday (August 10) after a neighbour spotted smoking coming from the two-storey house and raised the alarm.
Fire fighters arrived to find no one in the house, but they carried a dog to safety. The fire, which was believed to have started by items overheating on a cooker, was extinguished using a hose reel.