Fire crews rescue dog from house fire on Eastalls Close, Doddington

PUBLISHED: 09:52 11 August 2016 | UPDATED: 09:52 11 August 2016

Fire crews rescued a dog from a house fire in Doddington yesterday.

Fire crews rescued a dog from a house fire in Doddington yesterday.

Archant

A dog was rescued from a house in Doddington after a fire broke out yesterday morning.

Crews from March and Chatteris were called to the house on Eastalls Close at about 10.15am yesterday (August 10) after a neighbour spotted smoking coming from the two-storey house and raised the alarm.

Fire fighters arrived to find no one in the house, but they carried a dog to safety. The fire, which was believed to have started by items overheating on a cooker, was extinguished using a hose reel.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Cambs Times