Fire crews respond to A1 collision between a lorry and a car - specialist cutting equipment used to rescue casaulty
- Credit: Archant
One crew and rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe, along with two Lincolnshire crews from Stamford and Market Deeping, were called to a road traffic collision on the A1 southbound between Carpenters Lodge and Wansford.
The collision involved a car and a lorry and crews used specialised cutting equipment to remove the roof off the car and rescue the casualty.
Station Commander Gavin Hammond said: “This was a difficult extrication for fire crews owing to the seriousness of the collision. Emergency services worked tirelessly together to complete a successful rescue.”
The casualty was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Crews returned to their stations by 12.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said: “These images show the wreckage after a collision on the A1 southbound between a car and lorry this morning. It was a difficult rescue for crews but they successfully rescued the man who was treated by paramedics.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend