Fire crews spend two hours tackling East Cambs workshop blaze
- Credit: Archant
FIRE crews spent two hours today tackling a blaze at a workshop in East Cambs.
The fire broke out shortly after 2pm in Vale Lodge Workshops in Carter Street, Soham, and Cambs fire service were soon on the scene.
One crew from Soham, one crew from Ely, one crew from Newmarket and a turntable ladder from Cambridge were called to tackle the blaze.
A fire service spokesman said: “There was a fire in a single storey building and a bell-shaped workshop measuring 15m by 20m. This was a fierce fire involving the entire building.”
Crews used two hose reels and a jet to extinguish the fire, before returning to their stations by 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder