Fire crews tackle deliberate fire on former College of West Anglia site, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to an alleged arson attack on a derelict building in Wisbech yesterday afternoon (8).
Crews from March and Wisbech were called to a blaze in a building at the old College of West Anglia site on Meadowgate Lane at around 4.35pm.
Firefighters were forced to remove part of the building’s ceiling after the fire spread to its roof.
The fire was extinguished and the crews returned to their stations by 6.52pm.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The cause of the fire was deliberate.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 4 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 5 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 School ‘overwhelmed’ by response to harvest collection
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment