Fire fighters to hold charity car wash at Chatteris station
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters will roll up their sleeves and grab some sponges when they take part in a charity car wash later this month.
A car wash will take place at Chatteris Community Firestation, Station Street, on Saturday, March 22 from 10am.
The National Car Wash, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, is in aid of The Fire Fighters Charity, which supports injured and retired fire fighters.
Fire fighters will also be on hand to offer fire safety advise.
Last year, the Chatteris crew raised £500 by hosing down cars instead of hosing down fires for the all day event.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Fire Officer Graham Stagg said: “Monies raised through national fundraising initiatives provide a real boost to The Fire Fighters Charity.
“As well as being a fun and popular event for the charity, the National Car Wash also gives our fire fighters the opportunity to share important safety messages with members of their local community.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“We are delighted that so many of our fire stations are getting involved and would urge local people to come along and support the day.
Your valued donations will go towards helping thousands of men, women and children from the fire and rescue community during their times of need.”