Fire in March causes trains to stop running
- Credit: Archant
Trains had to be stopped after a grass verge in March caught fire last night.
At 9.43pm, two crews from March were called to a fire in the open next to the railway line off Norwood Road.
There were three separate small fires involving the grass verge and hoses were used to extinguish them.
Crews returned to their station by 10.40pm.
Trains were stopped while crews tackled the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour