Fire put out quickly at school sheds in March - but sports equipment lost in the blaze and appeal now likely
- Credit: Archant
A fire tonight in the games shed of Westwood Community Junior School tonight has destroyed a quantity of sports equipment.
However the fire itself was quickly put out and school authorities have said it will be business as usual tomorrow.
A school spokesman said: “Westwood will be open as usual tomorrow. Earlier this evening fire crews were called to a fire in one of our games sheds.
No damage was caused to the main building. All is now out and fire crews are now determining the cause.”
One theory is that wooden pallets left following work to the school playground last week may have been used to start the fire.
You may also want to watch:
One woman said tonight: “I am probably going to be putting out an appeal on behalf of my nephew’ football team whose shed was destroyed by fire tonight at the Westwood school.
“I will probably be asking other football teams to lend them bits and pieces or if people want to donate.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March