Fire rips through Fenland house and destroys bedroom

A FIRE ripped through a Fenland house yesterday destroying a bedroom and causing smoke damage to the building’s first floor.

Two crews from March were called to the blaze in Wisbech Road, March, at 4pm yesterday. Firefighters arrived and discovered smoke and flames coming out of a first floor bedroom.

Crews entered the property wearing breathing apparatus and used one hose reel and one jet to extinguish the fire.

The cause of the fire was accidental, and believed to have been caused by a candle. A fire service spokesperson said: “Never leave candles unattended as even a very small flame can start a potentially devastating house fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus