Fire service crew manager urges people to use smoke alarms after Wisbech resident’s lucky escape
A FIRE service crew manager has urged people to use smoke alarms after a person had a lucky escape in Wisbech.
Two crews were called to a house fire on Baxter Close, in Wisbech at 12.30pm on Friday.
The fire had started when the occupier of the house had left cooking unattended to take a phone call.
The fire was out on arrival of firefighters, who ventilated the property.
One casualty was treated at the scene by paramedics for minor smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
Clive Griffin, crew manager at Wisbech, said: “Unattended cooking is a very common cause of house fires as it only takes a few minutes for a serious fire to develop.
“This was a particularly dangerous fire as the batteries had been removed from the smoke alarms in the property, putting the residents at serious risk.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
“Never take the batteries out of a smoke alarm because you never know when a fire might start.”