Fire service urges people to get chimney swept and brickwork inspected after Murrow chimney fire

Fire-tape

- Credit: Archant

The fire service is urging people to get their chimney swept after they were called out to a chimney fire in Murrow on Sunday night.

Firefighters from Wisbech used chimney rodding to extinguish the fire at an address in Murrow Bank and returned to their stations by 7.20pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter