Firefighters called to blaze in stubble field in Parson Drove during latest strike action
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
A Fenland village road was closed by fire crews who were called to a blaze in a stubble field during today’s latest strike action.
Two fire crews were called to a fire in a field off Long Drove, Parson Drove, shortly before 12.30pm.
A fire service spokesman said: “Smoke was blowing across the road and the carriageway was closed while firefighters extinguished the fire using hose reels.
“Crews returned to their stations by 2.25pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.”
The incident came during the latest two-hour strike action by members of the Fire Brigades Union, in a dispute over pay and pensions. The dispute escalated nearly a year ago.
You may also want to watch:
This afternoon’s strike was the 11th of 16 planned walkouts, with a further five planned between tonight and Saturday.
The remaining dates and times of the strikes are:
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March
• Today: 10.59-11.59pm
• Friday: noon-2pm
• Friday: 10.59-11.59pm
• Saturday: noon-2pm
• Saturday: 10.59-11.59pm