Firefighters confront three fires on same day
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS tackled three Fenland fires on Tuesday.
At 10.55am, one crew from March and one crew from Chatteris were called to a bedroom fire in Russell Avenue, March.
Extensive damage was caused to the bedroom but firefighters managed to contain the fire to prevent it spreading to the rest of the house.
They returned to their fire station by 12.20pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
At 8.30pm that evening, a crew from Wisbech was called to Godwin Road, Wisbech, where a fence had been set on fire.
They used a hose reel to extinguish it and returned to their station by 9.05pm.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
At 10.15pm, a crew from Wisbech was called to a fire in Dowgate Road, Leverington.
Firefighters arrived to discover a large pile of wood alight. They extinguished the fire and returned to their station by 11.10pm.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
Anyone with information about the Wisbech fence fire should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, or by logging onto www.crimestoppers-uk.org