Firefighters tackle Chatteris chimney fire

Fire-tape

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze in Chatteris yesterday.

A crew from Chatteris was called to the chimney fire, which was caused accidentally, in Station Street at 5.50pm.

They extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 6.50pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”