Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze in Fenland pub

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze at a Fenland pub this morning after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Two crews were called to The Bridge Inn, in Sandbank, Wisbech St Mary, after the blaze started just before 4am.

The occupants were alerted by the smoke alarm and dialled 999. Firefighters extinguished the kitchen fire using one hose reel.

The cause of the fire was accidental. Crews returned to their fire station by 5.10am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter