Fireworks display in Ely halted early tonight after firework explodes in man’s face
- Credit: Archant
A public firework display in Ely tonight ended early after a firework is thought to have exploded in a man’s face.
An eye witness described seeing what he thinks was one of the organisers “lighting what must have been a faulty firework – although that is my personal opinion”.
He said: “The display started off extremely well however the display was unable to finish due to a horrific accident.
“The firework didn’t seem to have a delay due to the fact it exploded in the man’s face.
“An ambulance was called and arrived shortly after the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Others have taken to social media to explain what they saw as the firework display at Cherry Hill was under way.
“My family and I watched this man hit the ground as the fireworks knocked hi helmet off,” she said.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“My daughter shouted man down and a steward heard her and went running over .In the 25 years I have been to this display there has never been an accident.
“My thoughts and prayers go out to this man and family doing his job and I wish him a speedy recovery.”
Another woman said her husband, a doctor, was with her at the event and he went to help. She said the injured man has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.